Monday 25 January 2016

Sweet Potato Curry

So the other day I just had my usual thursday workout and I was really tired and needed my carbs to replenish my energy since I haven't been eating much for the past few days and I was also thinking about the potato stew from Om Vegetarian (It's dabest ok) so I decided to make something quick and easy.

What you need:
2 medium sweet potaoes, cubed. (Should get around 2 cups)
3 tbsp curry powder
4 tbsp greek yoghurt
1 ½ c water
½ tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste.
What you need

Directions
Heat a pan (or pot) with 1 tsp canola oil
Toss in sweet potatoes and fry for 1 min.
Sprinkle curry powder onto sweet potatoes and stir to coat evenly. Add water and greek yoghurt. Stir to mix evenly.
Season with cumin, salt and pepper.
Let simmer for 15-20 minutes (covered) until tender.
Serve hot with rice or naan bread.
Optional: Add 1 c canned chick peas (drained) right before serving.
NOTE:
If you like it less spicy, add less curry powder and more greek yoghurt. You can use coconut milk or cream instead of greek yoghurt but I opted for the lower fat option. Though, if you were to use coconut milk, reduce water by ½ cup.

Final product


Happy Cooking!

IG: _ambrosiaaaa

Email: sugarspiceandeverythingsexy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment